This is a very cool interactive film/music experience by Google and The Arcade Fire. Basically you enter the address of the house you grew up in (in this case the house I spent my teen years in) and it builds an interactive music video around it–even prompting you to write a note to yourself at one point. It’s very cool. It requires you to download Google Chrome and close everything you have running as it’s very processor intensive, but totally worth it. Here’s mine:
And here you can create your own:
It wasn’t actually hot so don’t worry!
We had been worried about whether or not we could trust Maddie around Eavan. As long as sloppy kisses and the occasional tumble aren’t a problem, I think we’ll be ok….
Now whenever Eavan needs something I can tell Patrick – “She wants you to do it.” Hehe.
So we’ve fallen off the wagon once again with the weekly posts…we had been doing an okay job there for a bit but then time just started to get away from me and every week I told myself, “Oh it’s ok I just posted last week.” That was 4 weeks ago! And in baby time that’s a long time! Eavan had her 6 month appointment and of course she is huge! 19 pounds 4 ounces (97th percentile), 26.75 inches (75th percentile) and 44.5 cm head circumference (95th percentile)!
Miilestones Eavan has passed:
- sitting unassisted
- sitting herself up from laying down
- rolling over front to back and back to front
- solid food! so far cereal, beets, green bean and squash
- drinking from a sippy cup
- feeding herself
- moving on all fours – it’s not quite crawling as she can’t move her hands forward one at a time and keep her balance but she does get up and then LAUNCH herself forward by pushing her feet. This usually results in her going face down into the floor but she doesn’t mind as long as she gets where she’s going!
As usual I took a gander back at Carter’s 6 month post from Eli so anyone who needs a timewarp (and an adorable clip video), take a look!
I’ll try to post a video soon of some stuff we have after this weekend when I wrap up my Stat class!